The existing SalesIntel HubSpot integration supports exporting contacts, as leads or as subscribers. However, there is still some compatibility for users that have HubSpot as more of a full service CRM, with companies AND contacts. This documentation will tell you how to link contacts and companies, promote company information from the contact record to the company record, and adjust your integration to deliver HubSpot-classified sales contacts instead of marketing contacts.
Please note that there is no workaround for exporting companies directly to HubSpot. A csv export/import process could be used if the user does not have contacts in which they are interested. If the user has at least one contact exported, this process below will effectively result in an exported company record.
To execute this plan in its entirety, your HubSpot account must be one of the following:
- Marketing Hub Professional, Enterprise
- Sales Hub Professional, Enterprise
- Service Hub Professional, Enterprise
- Operations Hub Professional, Enterprise
Specifically, your account will need access to the Workflows feature, for best results. If you do not have access to Workflows, you will be able to accomplish Step 1 to link contacts and companies as well as Step 3 to set up SalesIntel to deliver sales contacts instead of marketing contacts. You will not be able to move company data from the contact record to the company record.
- Step 1 - Linking Contacts and Companies
- Step 2 - Fill Out SalesIntel-Provided Company Data
- Step 3 - Bringing Contacts into HubSpot as Sales Contacts Instead of Marketing Contacts
Step 1 - Linking Contacts and Companies
The goal of this step is to ensure that HubSpot is associating contacts and companies, to enable the relationship necessary between the two.
- Go to Settings > Data Management > Objects > Companies
- Under Automation, select “Create and associate companies with contacts”. This feature is available on all HubSpot plans and products.
At this point, when you export new contacts, they will be associated with an existing company based on domain (if one exists) or a new company will be created and the contact will be associated with it. HubSpot uses the email address’s domain to match with the company domain when associating contacts or determining whether to create a new company record.
More information fine tuning this setting and how it works is available in HubSpot's documentation.
Step 2 - Fill Out SalesIntel-Provided Company Data
The goal of this step is to promote company data that is exported on the contact record to the company record itself.
Contacts are exported to HubSpot from SalesIntel in the SalesIntel Lead style. This means that both contact and company information is included on a single record. Because all of the company information is present, you can use a workflow to add it to the associated company. For this step to run consistently and correctly, Step 1 must be complete.
1. Identify which company data on the SalesIntel record is of interest to you. You can view all available fields in the SalesIntel portal under the Welcome menu > HubSpot Settings > Contact Mapping. Map all fields of interest to their corresponding HubSpot field. You may need to add custom fields to your company record in Hubspot to accommodate everything.
2. In HubSpot, ensure that you have corresponding fields on the company object for all data values that you want to move to the company record. You may need to add custom fields to your company object in HubSpot to accommodate everything. Keep in mind that some HubSpot company fields are proprietary and cannot be edited by users or integrations. Confirm all fields you want to use are editable and not Read-Only.
3. In HubSpot, create a new workflow. There will be no trigger for the workflow, as you will enroll contacts manually (via the SalesIntel integration). If you would like to trigger this differently, some options include:
- Trigger when Contact ID is known (this will run the workflow for all new contacts)
- Trigger when a certain contact field is populated or is a certain value
4. Create the workflow actions(s):
- Select option: Copy Property Value
- Choose the property to copy, the target object (Company), and the target property to complete.
- Save and repeat this step, creating new actions until all target fields have been added.
Your workflow is complete - you can test and enable your workflow per your usual processes. Contacts that go through this workflow will have their target fields promoted up to their linked company, thus providing you with SalesIntel company data without exporting the company directly from SalesIntel.
Step 3 - Bringing Contacts into HubSpot as Sales Contacts Instead of Marketing Contacts
For those who use HubSpot as a full-service CRM, the difference between sales and marketing contacts can mean the difference in the HubSpot bill amount at the end of the period. Sales contacts are generally “free” while marketing contacts apply towards the purchased contact tier. Learn more about the differences in HubSpot's documentation.
You can configure your SalesIntel integration to deliver contacts as sales contacts rather than marketing contacts, although you will have limited contact functionality in HubSpot, as these contacts cannot be added to marketing emails. This is configured from the HubSpot side. In order to complete this process, you must integrate your SalesIntel account with HubSpot first.
- Go to Settings > Account Setup > Integrations
- Click on Marketing Contacts
- On the SalesIntel App, make sure the toggle for marketing contacts is off, like the screenshot below