SalesIntel's HubSpot integration allows users to export up to 500 contacts at a time to HubSpot for Sales and Marketing use cases. The integration only exports contacts, but does so in SalesIntel's "lead style", meaning that all company and contact data in on a single record. If you maintain separate company records in HubSpot, this article will help you use SalesIntel's data format to support your implementation.
HubSpot configuration may be locked by an administrator. In this case, each user will still connect SalesIntel to HubSpot, but they will not be able to adjust general settings or field mappings and will see an info message accordingly.
Connect SalesIntel to HubSpot
1. Login to SalesIntel at https://app.salesintel.io.
2. Go to the HubSpot Settings for SalesIntel located under the ‘Welcome’ drop down menu
3. Connect SalesIntel by choosing your HubSpot account (optional, only if you have multiple accounts)
4. Confirm the connection between SalesIntel and HubSpot account by clicking ‘Connect app’
You are now connected to HubSpot and will be prompted to configure your settings and field mappings in SalesIntel.
The following settings are available:
- Export Default Type: Set a record default type (mapped from Hubspot Lifecycle Stage) or leave "Prompt" to ask before each export.
- Duplicate Resolution: Choose a default resolution or leave "Prompt" to ask before each export. Duplicates are assessed by matching on email address. Resolution options are as follows:
- Always Skip: Always skip duplicates. No data for this record is exported and no charges incurred.
- Always Update: Update the record. Overwrite settings in Field Mappings will be respected.
- Always Append: Only fill in empty fields on the record, regardless of overwrite settings.
- Prompt for Workflows: Shows a list of workflows to which the contact can be optionally added during export. Turning off this prompt will prevent any SalesIntel records from being added to workflows during export. Note: If your HubSpot account does not support workflows, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that the SalesIntel integration is configured to completely skip this check.
- Prompt for Contact Owners: Shows a list of HubSpot users to which the contact can be assigned during export. Turning off this prompt will prevent any SalesIntel records from being assigned to contact owners during export.
After updating the settings, click Save to preserve your choices.
Contact Field Mapping
Choose what data to make available in HubSpot with your export and to what field to write that data.
1. Go to the "Contact Mapping" tab in the sidebar
2. Choose the HubSpot field to which to map each SalesIntel field, or choose "-- skip -- " to skip that field. Selecting "Allow Overwrite" for the field applies only to mapped fields. If the field is mapped and "Allow Overwrite" is enabled, data in that field for that HubSpot contact may be overwritten with new SalesIntel data during the export process. Without this setting, only new data will be appended when the field is currently empty.
3. Click "Save" to update the choices.
Learn more about the available fields and field types in this article.