Note: this article refers to Zoho CRM. The SalesIntel connector is not compatible with Zoho One or Bigin by Zoho.
SalesIntel's Zoho CRM integration allows users to export up to 1,000 contacts at a time to Zoho for Sales and Marketing use cases. The integration exports contacts as contact or lead records, and companies as account records, as follows:
- Contact-as-contact records: includes contact details. A secondary company record is exported/updated along with the contact records
- Company records: includes company firmographics and other details
- Contact-as-lead records: includes contact and company details
Zoho configuration may be locked by an administrator. In this case, each user will still connect SalesIntel to Zoho, but they will not be able to adjust general settings or field mappings and will see an info message accordingly.
Connect SalesIntel to Zoho
1. Login to SalesIntel at https://app.salesintel.io.
2. Go to the Zoho Settings for SalesIntel located under the ‘Welcome’ drop down menu
3. Complete the Zoho login prompts to authenticate the connection.
You are now connected to Zoho and will be prompted to configure your settings and field mappings in SalesIntel.
- Export Default Type: Set a record default type (Contact or Lead) or leave "Prompt" to ask before each contact export (no impact on Company exports).
- Duplicate Resolution: Choose a default resolution or leave "Prompt" to ask before each export. Duplicates are assessed by matching on email address (contacts) or company name/website (company). Resolution options are as follows:
- Always Skip: Always skip duplicates. No data for this record is exported and no charges incurred.
- Always Update: Update the record. Overwrite settings in Field Mappings will be respected.
- Always Append: Only fill in empty fields on the record, regardless of overwrite settings.
- Prompt for Lead/Contact Owners: Shows a list of Zoho users to which the contact can be assigned during export. Turning off this prompt will prevent any SalesIntel records from being assigned to contact owners during export.
- Set Lead/Contact Owner to Current User: Automatically sets the user as the owner without prompting. Only this option or the prompt may be engaged, not both at once.
- Prompt for Campaigns: Shows a list of campaigns to which the contact can be optionally added during export.
- Create New Accounts: Creates a new account if there is no existing matching account for the exported contact or company. Requires user to have account creation permissions.
- Orphan Records: Allows orphan contact records to be created if there is no matching account. Only this option or the new accounts option may be engaged, not both at once.
Field mapping should be completed for all three record types - Accounts, Contacts, and Leads.
Choose what data to make available in Zoho with your export and to what field to write that data. Repeat this process for each record type.
1. Go to the "Mapping" tab in the sidebar
2. Choose the Zoho field to which to map each SalesIntel field, or choose "-- skip -- " to skip that field. Selecting "Allow Overwrite" for the field applies only to mapped fields. If the field is mapped and "Allow Overwrite" is enabled, data in that field for that Zoho record may be overwritten with new SalesIntel data during the export process. Without this setting, only new data will be appended when the field is currently empty.
3. Click "Save" to update the choices.
Learn more about the available fields and field types in this article.