SalesIntel's Marketo integration allows users to export up to 1,000 contacts at a time to Marketo for Marketing use cases. The integration only exports contacts, but does so in SalesIntel's "lead style", meaning that all company and contact data in on a single record.
Connect SalesIntel to Marketo
1. Login to SalesIntel at https://app.salesintel.io.
2. Go to the Marketo Settings for SalesIntel located under the ‘Welcome’ drop down menu
3. Populate the Endpoint, Identity, Client ID, and Client Secret:
- Log into your Marketo instance
- Go to Admin
- Under Integrations, click Web Services
- Copy the Endpoint and Identity values and paste into SalesIntel
- Under Integrations, click Launchpoint
- Click New Service
- Enter "SalesIntel" for Display Name
- Select Custom as Service
- Enter “SalesIntel Integration” as description
- API only user: select the user that is configuring the settings in SalesIntel
- Click Create
- Click View Details
- Copy and paste Client ID and Client Secret into SalesIntel configuration settings
- Now click on "Test Connection" in the SalesIntel Marketo Settings screen. You will see a green confirmation box if your settings are correct. If you get a red alert box, please revalidate the credentials and settings you entered
- Once successful, click Login
The following settings are available:
- Duplicate Resolution: Choose a default resolution or leave "Prompt" to ask before each export. Duplicates are assessed by matching on email address. Resolution options are as follows:
- Always Skip: Always skip duplicates. No data for this record is exported and no charges incurred.
- Always Update: Update the record. Overwrite settings in Field Mappings will be respected.
- Always Append: Only fill in empty fields on the record, regardless of overwrite settings.
- Prompt for Lead Partitions: Set “Prompt For Lead Partitions” to off if you only have 1 partition
Contact Field Mapping
Choose what data to make available in Marketo with your export and to what field to write that data.
1. Go to the "Mapping" tab in the sidebar
2. Choose the Marketo field to which to map each SalesIntel field, or choose "-- skip -- " to skip that field. Selecting "Allow Overwrite" for the field applies only to mapped fields. If the field is mapped and "Allow Overwrite" is enabled, data in that field for that Marketo contact may be overwritten with new SalesIntel data during the export process. Without this setting, only new data will be appended when the field is currently empty.
3. Click "Save" to update the choices.
Learn more about the available fields and field types in this article.