Note: This article refers to the oAuth integration to connect the SalesIntel web apps with Salesforce, for exporting new contact and company data. Please use our Install Guide for questions about the Salesforce Managed Package.
SalesIntel's Salesforce integration allows users to export up to 1,000 contacts at a time to Salesforce for Sales and Marketing use cases. The integration exports contacts as contact or lead records, and companies as account records, as follows:
- Contact-as-contact records: includes contact details. A secondary company record is exported/updated along with the contact records
- Company records: includes company firmographics and other details
- Contact-as-lead records: includes contact and company details
Salesforce configuration may be locked by an administrator. In this case, each user will still connect SalesIntel to Salesforce, but they will not be able to adjust general settings or field mappings and will see an info message accordingly.
Connect SalesIntel to Salesforce
Before starting this process:
- If you have multiple Salesforce accounts, consider logging out of any account you are not trying to connect, to avoid confusion
- If you are trying to connect to a sandbox account, contact email@example.com to request to update your user account to point to our sandbox integration. Reverse this process when you are ready to point at production
1. Login to SalesIntel at https://app.salesintel.io.
2. Go to the Salesforce Settings for SalesIntel located under the ‘Welcome’ drop down menu
3. Complete the Salesforce login prompts to authenticate the connection.
You are now connected to Salesforce and will be prompted to configure your settings and field mappings in SalesIntel.
- Export Default Type: Set a record default type (Contact or Lead) or leave "Prompt" to ask before each contact export (no impact on Company exports).
- Duplicate Resolution: Choose a default resolution or leave "Prompt" to ask before each export. Duplicates are assessed by matching on email address (contacts) or company name/website (company). Resolution options are as follows:
- Always Skip: Always skip duplicates. No data for this record is exported and no charges incurred.
- Always Update: Update the record. Overwrite settings in Field Mappings will be respected.
- Always Append: Only fill in empty fields on the record, regardless of overwrite settings.
- Prompt for Lead/Contact Owners: Shows a list of Salesforce users to which the contact can be assigned during export. Turning off this prompt will prevent any SalesIntel records from being assigned to contact owners during export.
- Set Lead/Contact Owner to Current User: Automatically sets the user as the owner without prompting. Only this option or the prompt may be engaged, not both at once.
- Prompt for Campaigns: Shows a list of campaigns to which the contact can be optionally added during export.
- Create New Accounts: Creates a new account if there is no existing matching account for the exported contact or company. Requires user to have account creation permissions.
- Orphan Records: Allows orphan contact records to be created if there is no matching account. Only this option or the new accounts option may be engaged, not both at once.
- Prompt for Account Mappings: For each record exported, user may map the contact to an existing account or choose to create a new one. This is a good option for orgs that do not use website values on their accounts and want to avoid creating duplicates when name matching fails.
Field mapping should be completed for all three record types - Accounts, Contacts, and Leads.
Choose what data to make available in Salesforce with your export and to what field to write that data. Repeat this process for each record type.
1. Go to the "Mapping" tab in the sidebar
2. Choose the Salesforce field to which to map each SalesIntel field, or choose "-- skip -- " to skip that field. Selecting "Allow Overwrite" for the field applies only to mapped fields. If the field is mapped and "Allow Overwrite" is enabled, data in that field for that Salesforce record may be overwritten with new SalesIntel data during the export process. Without this setting, only new data will be appended when the field is currently empty.
3. Click "Save" to update the choices.
Learn more about the available fields and field types in this article.