There are a variety of filters available to pinpoint companies and contacts of interest to your business. While the same filters are available to search for both contacts and companies, it’s important to understand what results to expect when using contact-specific filters to search for companies and vice-versa:
- Searching contacts using firmographic filters returns contacts who work for companies with these characteristics
- Searching companies using contact/role filters returns companies with contacts who have these characteristics
The following filters are available for search queries:
Enter company names or domains with commas between. Company names will be matched via fuzzy matching logic to find companies that contain the keyword in their name and to ignore common extension like “inc”
- Location: The location of the company itself, not its employees. The default location is US. Within the US, States, Zip Codes, and Metro Areas can be used to further refine. Outside the US, certain countries are available to refine.
- Keywords: These are keywords that describe a company. The keywords are set based on the metadata and content on the companies website, which has been extracted and evaluated using natural language processing to identify the terms more unique to the company. Keywords can help hone in on company products and services, more specifically than industry.
- Industry: The industry of the company. Industry names are based on the NAICS code taxonomy. This filter also accepts comma-separated lists of 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6-digit NAICS codes and 4-digit SIC codes. When using 4 or 5 digit codes, a “start-with” logic is applied to pick up longer codes that match on the first 4 or 5 digits.
- Revenue: The revenue of the company, in thousands, millions, or billions of dollars. A min or max (or both) can be applied.
- Employees / Size: The employee count of the company. A min or max (or both) can be applied.
- Level: The contact’s seniority, based on classification of the job title.
- Departments: The contact’s functional department, based on classification of the job title. There is a set of more specific responsibilities below the department level, which includes classifications of job titles into functions within the department. Not all titles are represented in this sub-department hierarchy and some titles are represented in multiple sub-departments.
- Title: A comma-separated list of keywords in a job title. Some normalization of keywords occurs, such as searching for “Chief Executive Officer” when “CEO” is entered.
- Products: A set of products that are used by the organization.
- Providers: A set of technology providers that are used by the organization.
- Categories: A type of technology that is used by the organization.
A note on technographics: Within each filter type, multiple options are joined with an OR clause, but between the filter type (Product vs Providers vs Categories), an AND clause is used.
- Topics: A set of technologies being actively researched for purchase
- Score Threshold: The intensity of the research being conducted
- Topic Threshold: A minimum count of the selected topics in which a company is interested
To learn more about setting up the Intent topics of interest and how to use the different filters visit Using Intent Data in Searches.
- Name: A contact’s first and/or last name. These filters match on the exact phrase entered, not a fuzzy match or wildcard.
- Email: A contact’s email address. Leaving the Job History option selected will also look for that email address in a past job record.
- Location: A contact’s location, which may be different from the company’s location. The default location is US. Within the US, States, Zip Codes, and Metro Areas can be used to further refine. Outside the US, certain countries are available to refine.
- Ranking: SalesIntel-curated lists of companies based on publicly available information.
- Your Lists: Lists of contacts or companies that you’ve imported.
- Results Include: Filter results to only those containing fields of interest.
- Last Modified: Filter results based on the date that the contact was last updated.